Historic Avery Mill on the Albany Waterfront – For Sale
The Avery Mill building, on the south banks of the Willamette River, is the oldest commercial building in Albany, Oregon. Originally built in 1866, the building affords unparalleled views of the Willamette River and is adjacent to historic downtown Albany.
The first floor of the building is currently occupied as an office building.
All spaces within the building are/will be leased to tenants on short term leases. The leases have been purposely kept short in order to give an owner the opportunity to occupy the entire building as office space, or to remodel the building for other commercial uses.
Given the building’s location along the Willamette River and the ample parking provided, the building would be suitable for restaurants, retail shops, brewpubs, etc. The Avery building was built in 1866 as a terminal for ferry boat deliveries. It has since been remodeled and occupied for a variety of different uses. The building once was a steamboat stop for paddle wheel ferries between Albany and Corvallis. It has housed a flour mill, a turkey processing plant, and the Albany Democrat-Herald newspaper.
It is currently configured as a 3-story office building with numerous private offices and reception areas. Because of the unique structural design, the ability to modify the size and configuration of spaces within the building is endless. There is a 15’ x 60’ exterior cedar deck on the second floor facing the river which could also be enclosed.
The building is comprised of three floors as follows:
- Lower level: 1,500 sq. ft.
- Main floor: 3,000 sq. ft. (currently occupied by Civil West Engineering)
- Second floor: 2,500 sq. ft. (w/ 900 sq. ft. exterior deck)
- Total area: 7,000 sq. ft.
The property includes a ¼ acre parking lot, adjacent and to the east of the building, currently comprised of 22 parking spaces.
For Sale / For Lease / Lease Option
202 NW 6th St.
Corvallis, OR 97330
P: (541) 754-6320
F: (541) 758-0508
7000 SQ. FEET