We are very excited to announce that the Albany Downtown Association through a partnership with Oregon Main Street is making the opportunity of a Revitalization Grant available to our members!
The Oregon Main Street Revitalization Grant is a competitive grant offered by the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) for up to $200,000 in matching funds for downtown revitalization efforts in communities participating in the Oregon Main Street Network such as Historic Downtown Albany. Matching funds of at least 30% of the award is required. Matching funds can be in the form of cash, in-kind donations, and/or volunteer time.
The Revitalization Grant funds may be used to acquire, rehabilitate and construct buildings on properties. Funded projects must facilitate community revitalization that will lead to private investment, job creation or retention, establishing or expanding viable businesses or creating a stronger tax base. Projects may include façade improvement, accessibility enhancement, basic utilities, second floor renovations and more.
Only one applicant will be submitted for Albany for the 2022 grant cycle. The OMS Revitalization Grant application must be submitted by the Albany Downtown Association on the member’s behalf.
To help the ADA grant committee in selecting the project most in keeping with the grant mission and highest likelihood of winning an award and to ensure that the interested Albany Downtown Association member is properly prepared for the Oregon Main Street Application process, we are requiring a “pre-application.”
Pre-applications will be reviewed and follow-up questions made by the Albany Downtown Association Economic Vitality Committee to make our final project selection. Once a project is selected, we will work together to complete the official SHPO grant application.
The pre-application can be accessed at: https://tinyurl.com/OMSGrantPreApp2022
- Jan 1 – Albany Downtown Association Pre-Application open
- Jan 10 – POSTPONED – ADA Building & Business Owner Mixer. Staff available to answer questions.
- Jan 14 – OMS GRANT APPLICATION WORKSHOP. Statewide zoom event hosted by Oregon Heritage & Oregon Main Street. Open to all. Registration required. To access the recording, please contact Lise Grato for the zoom link.
- Jan 31 – ADA Pre-application deadline
- Feb 11 – Local project selection announced and the collaboration to complete the full application begins
- Feb 28 – Project partner application completed and due to reviewing committee
- Mar 15 – Final touches on the grant application & submit to Oregon Main Street
- May 12 – Award notification
- Apr 30, 2025 – Project Completion and Final Reporting Deadline
- TBD – Project Impact Reports: At final report and one year.
For more information about Oregon Heritage Grants and previous winning projects visit: https://www.oregon.gov/oprd/OH/Pages/Grants.aspx
In 2015, legislation established a permanent fund for the grant and provided an initial $2.5 million of funding as part of a larger lottery bond package. In the 2017 legislative session, an additional $5 million was approved and was funded through the sale of the 2019 lottery bond package.
In 2019, the second grant cycle, SHPO awarded 30 matching grants worth $5,244,261 to Oregon Main Street Network organizations across the state for building projects that encourage economic vitality. Projects ranged from façade improvement to housing and awards ranged from $56,731-$200,000. 63% of the requests were funded, with 93% going to rural communities.
The 2021 bond sale was canceled due to the economic impact of COVID-19, but the Oregon legislature included Oregon Main Street Revitalization Grant in the bond packages slated for 2022 and 2023.
ADA’s grant application committee looks forward to reading through the applications to find the best partner and project.
If you have any questions on the pre-application, please reach out to Lise Grato, Executive Director, at (541) 928-2469 or [email protected] or Stephanie Gutierrez, Economic Vitality Chair / ADA Board, at (541) 223-8131 or [email protected].
More information is also available on our website, www.albanydowntown.com.
~ ~ ~
OMS Revitalisation Grant Links
- ADA’s Pre-Application: https://tinyurl.com/OMSGrantPreApp2022
- Abany Applicants FAQ: link
- OMSR Grant Workshop – Jan 14 – To access the recording, please contact Lise Grato for the zoom link.
- OMSR Grant 2022 Information: link
- OMSR Grant 2022 Guidelines: link
- Tips on for Local Main Street’s Prepping for the ORSRG: link