Outdoor movies in the park have become today’s version of the drive-in movie experience of the past – only better. Enjoy Movies at Monteith on Friday evenings in late July and early August at Monteith Riverpark in Downtown Albany. Grab your blanks and chairs and head to the park for Food & Fun starting at 7 pm. Movies start at dusk (around 9-9:25 pm).
DRAWING – To enter, bring your Downtown receipts or get a ticket with concessions purchase!
Help Albany Downtown Association celebrate our 40th Anniversary with Movies from 1982. The Promotion Committee has picked two movies and invite you to vote to select the other two films we show this summer!
People’s Choice – pick two of these 1982 movies:
- Annie (family musical)
- Poltergeist (horror)
- Tootsie (comedy)
- Tron (sci-fi)
Follow this link to vote. Deadline – Friday, July 8 https://forms.gle/Jaf3iQ2wvYnNZrC46
The movies and schedule will be announced on Sunday, July 10.
A few rules to remember so everyone can enjoy the movies:
- Seating – The general seating area opens at 8 am. The blanket area opens at 7 pm.
- Bathrooms – Park bathrooms will be available during the event.
- Smoking – No smoking or vaping at Movies at Monteith.
- No Pets – Service Dogs are the only dogs allowed in the park.
- Alcohol – Beer, wine, and cider are the only alcoholic beverages allowed in the park.
- NOTE – In 2021, the water in the park was off. No drinking fountain or water faucets. We will update 2022 when we know.
- Little Wuesten German Foods – Pretzels, Sausage Dogs, Stromboli, Bierocks, Pastries
- Cassetta di Pasta – Bacon Mac & Cheese, Hot Dogs, Desserts
- The Albany Pix Theatre & The Scouts – Popcorn, candy, ice cream, sodas and water
Movies at Monteith Sponsors:
- Platinum Sponsor – No Dinx
- Albany Parks & Rec
- The Pix Theatre
- BiCoastal Media
|Dates||Begins July 22|
|Other Sponsors|| Albany Downtowntown Association|
Albany Parks and Recreation
The Pix Theatre