Outdoor movies in the park have become today’s version of the drive-in movie experience of the past – only better. Enjoy Movies at Monteith on Friday evenings in late July and early August at Monteith Riverpark in Downtown Albany. Movies start at dusk (around 9:00 pm).
2020 sent us a curveball, but we didn’t give up completely leading home viewing parties for our planned line-up. We are working on plans for 2021.
2021 Dates: July 23, July 30, Aug 6, Aug 13
To give you an idea of what to expect, here are the 2019 details:
2019 Movie Line up – “Anniversary Movies”
- July 19 – “Up” starring the voice of Ed Asner – 10th Anniversary
- July 26 – “Ghostbusters” starring Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd – 30th Anniversary
- August 2 – “Mary Poppins” starring Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke – 55th Anniversary
- August 9 – “The Wizard of Oz” starring Judy Garland – 80th Anniversary
2019 Food Vendors:
- First Burger
- Little Wuesten German Foods
- Cassetta di Pasta
- The Albany Pix Theatre
2021 info TBA
A few rules to remember so everyone can enjoy the movies:
- Seating – The general seating area opens at 8 am. NEW: The blanket area opens at 7 pm.
- Smoking – No smoking at Movies at Monteith.
- No Pets – Service Dogs are the only dogs allowed in the park.
- Alcohol – Beer, wine, and cider are the only alcoholic beverages allowed in the park.
- No Dinx
- Albany Park & Rec
- The Pix Theatre
- BiCoastal Media
|Dates||Begins July 23|
|Other Sponsors|| Albany Downtowntown Association|
Albany Parks and Recreation
The Pix Theatre